Dungeon Siege II
It's been a generation since you vanquished the evil that plagued the Land of Ehb, and now
a new menace has awakened. In Dungeon Siege II, the sequel to the best-selling RPG from Gas Powered Games, you will be called on to again wield sword and spell to save the world from a growing abomination many years in the making.
A thousand years ago, the crusaders of Azunai crossed swords with the legions of Zaramoth in the final battle of a century-long rebellion. As the tyrannical god Zaramoth struck the final blow through Azunais trembling shield, the earth shook. In that moment, the forces of magic were unchained, and both armies were consumed in a brilliant cataclysm that stretched for leagues across the Plain of Tears. Only a scarred wasteland remained as final testament to the First Age of Man.
And for a millennium, magic has continued to spread to the farthest corners of the world, freely flowing to any who would command it. But the tide of magic has begun to wane, heeding instead the call of an ancient legacy. From the Plain of Tears a new heir beckons, and with each day his strength grows - consuming all those who submit, eradicating those foolish enough to resist. With none to oppose his ascendance, the circle will be complete, and an ancient age will begin anew.
What fate will befall the Second Age of Man? The time for judgment is nigh.
- Elite Battle Party: Players must choose battle comrades carefully to build a party of up to six members. Parties can be honed over time using an all-new character development system filled with new skills and specialties.
- Hero Powers: As the stakes have increased, so have the party's abilities. Each class now has access to unique Heroic Powers that are capable of turning the tide of battle, but they require wisdom and strategic timing to use properly.
- More Dangerous Enemies: Players will face-off against opponents whose power and tactical prowess will rival their own. The enemies in Dungeon Siege II will have all-new powers and abilities. As a result of the new Coach AI technology introduced in Dungeon Siege II, enemies are full of surprises.
- Cinematic Storytelling: Dungeon Siege II introduces a new Flick authoring system providing a new level of in-engine cinematic storytelling that keeps players in the game world instead of pulling them away from it. New story-driven quests provide a deeper adventure that evolves with players as they complete quests and missions.
- Revolutionary Online Multi-Party Gaming: Blur the lines between single and multiplayer gameplay as players bring multiple members of their party into the realm of LAN or online play to cooperatively (or competitively) complete quests and acquire new skills and powers.
- Jaw-dropping Special Effects: The new SFX engine in Dungeon Siege II takes visual special effects to the next level for everything from the environmental atmosphere to dazzling spell effects, creating an engrossing and immersive gaming experience.
- Interactive World: The world of Dungeon Siege II is brimming with activity. From pitched battles raging around players as they adventure through the world, to special environments that players can turn to their tactical advantage in the heat of battle - players will do well to pay heed to the world around them.
- Powerful and Unusual Allies: The pack mule was only the beginning. Players can now choose from a number of exotic creatures with special abilities that adventure and grow alongside players.
- With Risk Comes Reward: Journeying through the land of Aranna, players will come across numerous rare and powerful items that can help them accomplish their goals or unlock new mysteries. An enhanced dynamic loot system ensures that each time an adventurer steps out their door, new and interesting treasure awaits.
Broken World expansion
The path of redemption leads through a broken world.
In Dungeon Siege II, you destroyed Valdis... and unleashed an unspeakable abomination that has waited 1,000 years for its freedom. as darkness descends upon the land, fiends such as Bound Elves, Familiars and other monstrosities destroy any who stand against them. You must wage war against a host of horrors in a last, desperate bid to save Aranna...
Rejoin your valiant companions from Dungeon Siege II, or continue the adventure with powerful new allies. Two new playable classes, the Blood Assassin and Fist of Stone, elevate the gameplay to staggering heights. Summon crippling blood spells that literally tear the blood from your foes, or use the Fist of Stone skill to pummel and incapacitate your enemies.
- Up to 15 hours of new gameplay that marks the breathtaking conclusion of Aranna's Second Age.
- Newly enhanced tactical combat turns every encounter into a struggle for survival.
- By popular demand, play as a mighty Dwarf!
- Import all of the new character classes into Dungeon Siege II and relive the adventure that started it all.
©2002-2006 Gas Powered Games Corp. All rights reserved. Gas Powered Games, Dungeon Siege, and Broken World are the exclusive trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. 2K Games, the 2K logo, and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All rights reserved. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The Fantasy Game Art of Dungeon Siege II
Actual gameplay in Dungeon Siege II didn't look nearly as good as in the trailer, although it was comparable if you didn't zoom up close. Dungeon Siege II had improvements in almost every aspect over its predecessor, Dungeon Siege, but suffered from a severe reduction in the artwork for available equipment. The one expansion, Broken World, had a bold, alien look for new adversaries -- The new "Bound" creatures dared to have a fetish look that is not commonly seen in fantasy games.
The extremely popular Cat Mansion mod that transformed humans in Dungeon Siege into cutesy anime characters was eventually translated for Dungeon Siege II. The male models didn't make it over, however, and there is a considerable change in the styling of armor, though some might find it more stylish. Later mods added curious outfits such as swimsuits.