In the distant future, mankind has spread across the galaxy into hundreds of solar systems with the aid of inter-dimensional travel. Four powerful mega-corporations that control all the technology have overtaken all forms of government. Now, in-fighting between the corporations has led to a horrifying experiment gone wrongthe accident has caused another race to attempt extermination of humankind.
Puzzle Quest Galactrix is a rich new addition to the beloved Puzzle Quest universe, incorporating a compelling blend of casual and hardcore game elements similar to those adored by fans of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords into a futuristic, science-fiction setting.
In Puzzle Quest: Galactrix each player creates a persistent pilot who gains skills, crafts items, maneuvers among the universe's political factions, and upgrades the ultimate space fleet as they attempt to end the genocide of the human race.
An all-new hexagonal puzzle board allows for a broad range of strategic options, allowing both casual and hardcore gamers to play on their own terms. This, along with new gameplay elements like hacking leapgates, negotiating with factions, trading commodities and collecting blueprints make Puzzle Quest: Galactrix a captivating new adventure to explore and conquer.
- Same Beloved Gameplay Elements - Strategy and role-playing elements that function harmoniously in the match-three puzzle gameboard are played out via head-to-head, turn-based gameplay that encourages you to plan, think and strategize against opponents; players are not penalized for losing and instead earn psionic powers for their efforts.
- A Whole New Adventure to Explore and Conquer - Upgradeable spacecraft options allow players to create, develop and customize the ultimate fleet of attack and exploration vehicles for their persistent pilot to command.
- New Puzzle Board Design - An all-new hexagonal puzzle board allows an extra layer of strategy for players who crave it, heeding to the direction players choose to move pieces in the puzzle board; board pieces consist of tokens that provide opportunities to increase Defense Systems and Ship Attack Power, upgrade Psionic Powers, gather Intelligence and activate opponent-damaging Space Mines.
- Diverse Gameplay Components - Explore the broad spectrum of gameplay available, some brand new and some familiar: Negotiate with factions, mine for or trade commodities, hack leapgates, recruit crew members, acquire companion aliens, collect informational "rumors" and obtain items like weapons, cargo and blueprints to create new items in order to advance.
- Rich and Detailed Story - Mankind has spread its empire throughout the universe; four Megacorporations control the Empire, and internal struggles cause an experiment to go horribly awry, producing creatures who begin a systematic extermination of the human race. Players explore the universe via leapgate technology as they battle to stop the genocide of humans and other life forms.
- Extensive Replay Value - Engage in unique experiences each time you play by choosing from the diverse field of pilot skills, ship customizations, opponents, collectibles, upgrades, 150+ battles, story elements and more, for hundreds of hours of gameplay.